Many people are discovering that they can make a big difference to help further WETA's mission with an IRA charitable rollover. If you are 70½ or older, you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals and use your IRA for a noble purpose.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid paying taxes on direct transfers of up to $100,000 of charitable contribution from your IRA to WETA
- Transfer counts towards your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Enjoy tax savings by reducing your taxable income
- Avoid income limits placed on your giving ─ a contribution from your IRA is not subject to the 60% deduction limit on gifts of cash
- Help support the programming you value on WETA Television and Classical WETA FM.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a contribution from your IRA to WETA.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to WETA to support our mission.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify as a charitable deduction.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.